Kashmir with Gurez Valley
Kashmir, a land of enchanting natural beauty and rich cultural heritage. Located in the northernmost region of India, Kashmir is a paradise on earth that beckons travelers with its snow-capped mountains, serene lakes, picturesque valleys, and vibrant culture. In this trip, we will explore two of the most stunning destinations in Kashmir - Gurez Valley and Pahalgam.
Gurez Valley, situated in the high-altitude region of the Himalayas, is a hidden gem that offers breathtaking views of the snow-capped peaks and verdant forests. This pristine valley is known for its unspoiled natural beauty, ancient forts, and picturesque villages, making it a perfect destination for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts alike.
Pahalgam, on the other hand, is a popular hill station nestled amidst the mighty Himalayas. Surrounded by lush greenery, gurgling rivers, and towering peaks, this charming town is a paradise for trekking, hiking, and camping. Pahalgam is also famous for its scenic beauty and serene environment, making it an ideal spot for relaxation and rejuvenation.
So, get ready to embark on a journey of a lifetime and experience the magic of Kashmir with us as we explore the stunning Gurez Valley and Pahalgam.
- Scenic beauty of snow-capped mountains, lush green forests, serene lakes, and gurgling rivers.
- Cultural experiences with ancient forts, temples, local interactions, and delicious cuisine.
- Pristine Gurez Valley with unspoiled natural beauty, ancient forts, and picturesque villages.
- Charming town of Pahalgam surrounded by lush greenery, gurgling rivers, and towering peaks.
- All transport in a traveller or a Innova/similar
- Group Airport Transfers (Fixed timings)
- Accommodation on Double sharing basis in Hotels/Houseboat at all destinations as per the itinerary.
- Breakfast - Day 2 to Day 7
- Dinner at Houseboat
- Shikara ride
- Pahalgam Union Cab for Sightseeing
- Entrance fees to all the places listed in the itinerary
- Parking and toll taxes
- Train/Air fare
- Lunch & Dinner on all days except Dinner on Day 6
- Room heater charges
- Any shopping or personal expense
- Tips to hotel staff and driver
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
Day 1 - Arrival at Srinagar | Transfer to Pahalgam
Report at the Airport by 12 pm. Upon meeting the team at Srinagar Airport, we proceed on a drive through the picturesque "Saffron Fields" of Kashmir and Awantipora Ruins. Upon reaching Pahalgam, we check-in at the hotel and explore the stunning Pahalgam Valley and the renowned Lidder River.
Day 2 - Pahalgam Valley | Overnight at Srinagar
After breakfast we will embark on an excursion trip to Chandanwadi, which marks the starting point of the Amarnath yatra. En route, we will come across the picturesque Betaab Valley, formerly known as the Hajan Valley. This valley gained immense popularity after the Bollywood movie, Betaab, was shot here, leading to its renaming after the movie title.
After having lunch, we will proceed to Aru Valley, located approximately 11 kilometers from Pahalgam. The valley is known for its breathtaking meadows and mountains and serves as the base camp for trekking to Kolahoi Glacier and Tarsar Lake. The village situated on the left bank of Aru River, a tributary of Lidder River, is also worth exploring. We will then return to Srinagar for an overnight stay.
Day 3 - Srinagar – Dawar via Bandipora Gurez Rd | Overnight at Gurez
Located 125 km away from Srinagar, Gurez can be reached after a 4-5 hour drive that takes you through the scenic Razdan Pass and offers breathtaking views of Harmukh Peak. Razdan Pass, the highest point (11,672 ft) on the route to Dawar from Srinagar, is renowned for its spectacular vistas of the mountains and valley. If luck is on your side and the clouds permit, you might even catch a glimpse of the towering Harmukh Peak, which is the highest peak in the vicinity. The Army Personnel at Razdan Pass can assist you in locating Harmukh Peak, which often appears behind the floating clouds.
Day 4 - Gurez Sightseeing | Overnight at Gurez
Following breakfast, we will embark on a visit to the local town of Dawar, where we will delve into the customs and practices of the local people. Additionally, we will explore the Habba Khatoon peak, a pyramid-shaped mountain, and the Habba Khatoon spring. In the evening, we will return to the hotel.
During any free time throughout the day, we may opt for a spontaneous hike to explore the natural boundaries of the stunning Gurez valley.
Day 5 - Tulail Valley | Overnight at Gurez
As you proceed further towards Dawar, you will enter the Tulail region. Along the Kishanganga River, you will encounter several quaint villages, each boasting of mesmerizing beauty and captivating your senses. Typically, these villages consist of 25-30 households and are spread out over a distance of approximately 60 kilometers. On this route, Chakwali is the last village before reaching the adjoining Pakistan border. Other villages between Dawar and Chakwali include Barnoi, Shaikhpora, Puarana Tilail, Badugam, Hasangam, Baduab, Miru, Angaikot, and Gujran. Later in the evening, we will drive back to Dawar and spend the night there.
Day 6 - Gurez to Srinagar - Wular Lake | Overnight at Srinagar Houseboat
Following breakfast, we will check out from our stay and begin our journey back to Srinagar. We will visit Wular lake on our way back. Once we reach Srinagar, we will check in to a houseboat and proceed to explore the local attractions, which may include a Shikara ride. In the evening, we will return to the houseboat for an overnight stay.
Day 7 - Back to Home
Say your goodbyes, this brings us to the end of an EPIC adventure and beginning of an era of travel stories with Wandering souls. Come back for more and more
You can book return flight/trains leaving post 10am.
Calendar & Prices
Things to Carry
- Identity Proof
- UPI - wsouls@ybl
- NEFT - A/C No.: 046110100000183 || IFSC: NKGS0000046 || A/c Name: Wandering Souls || Type: Current || Branch: NKGSB NERUL, NEW BOMBAY
- Online through payment gateway - Click Book Now (3.5% transaction charges)
- You can book you seat by paying ₹7500 advance
- The remaining amount has to be paid 2 weeks before the trip start date
- If cancellation done by participant prior to 45 days of the Event, 10% of the advance amount will be deducted
- If cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of the Event, 50% of the advance amount will be deducted
- If cancellation done by participant between 15 to 30 days of the Event, 100% of advance amount will be deducted
- If cancellation done by participant between 7 to 15 days of the Event, 50% of whole trip amount will be deducted
- If cancellation done by participant within 7 days of the Event, 100% of whole trip amount will be deducted
Can I come alone?
Yes, many of our participants are solo travellers.
Is it safe for a female solo traveller?
It is completely safe for a female solo traveller as our representatives will be there with you all the time. Moreover, most of our events have 60% female participation.
What if I have a medical emergency?
We will carry first aid kit with us. The coordinators will be first aid certified. If the problem increases, we will quickly get you to closest medical attention possible.
How will you contact me once I register?
We will be mailing you the details once you register. We will also create a WhatsApp group a 2 weeks before the trip
What is the stay like in Kashmir Gurez Valley Trip?
Accommodation on Double sharing basis in Hotels & Houseboats at all destinations as per the itinerary. In an unlikely case of odd number of male/female participants 1 or max 2 rooms will be triple sharing (only where the room is big enough)
- Srinagar – Hotel Ad Life Luxury/ Gurcoo Residency/ Similar
- Pahalgam – Hotel Baisaran/ Bombay Palace / Similar
- Gurez – Hotel Cooken/ Similar
- Srinagar Houseboat – Akbar Group of Houseboats/Similar
Would I get cellular connectivity in Kashmir Gurez Valley?
Your prepaid simcards would not work in Kashmir. You would either need a postpaid sim card or a local simcard. Airtel and Jio provide the best connectivity.
What will be the weather like in September?
The weather will start to turn a bit cold in September but more of a pleasant cold rather than a harsh one. Towards the beginning of the month, the temperature will average at around 15 Degrees Celsius.
Roads will remain open still. Monsoon will be gone but green will still remain in plenty which makes it a perfect time for photography.
What type of food will I get in Kashmir Gurez Valley?
We will be having our Breakfast at our stays. Lunches & Dinners we will have locally during our road trip and sightseeing trips. Avg cost per meal would be around ₹250-₹300