Welcome to the land of snow-capped peaks and frozen rivers, Spiti! This winter trip will take you to one of the most remote and picturesque regions of the Indian Himalayas. Get ready for an adventure of a lifetime as you explore the beautiful landscapes, witness the unique culture, and experience the serenity of this magical place. From snow-clad valleys to ancient monasteries and charming villages, this trip has something for everyone. So, pack your warm clothes, grab your camera, and let's get ready to discover the best of Spiti in winter.
Highlights of the trip:
- Road trip of a lifetime
- Awe-Inspiring Landscapes
- Send Postcards from the Highest Post Office of the World
- Visit the World’s Highest Motorable Village
- Last India village along the Indo-Tibet Border
- Visit the beautiful Dhankar Monastery and see the ancient Buddhist rock paintings
- Visit the famous Tabo Monastery, one of the oldest and most important Buddhist monasteries in the region
- Visit gigantic Buddha statue overlooking the Spiti Valley and astonishing 500 year old Lama Mummy
- Delhi to Shimla and Shimla to Delhi in A/C Semi Sleeper Volvo
- All transport in a traveller or a Innova/similar
- Accommodation for 6 Nights
- Breakfast - Day 3 to Day 8, Dinner from Day 2 to Day 7
- Entrance fees to all monasteries, museums and other places listed in the itinerary.
- All permits
- Post & Pre Trip Support
- Memories of a lifetime
- Wandering Souls Merchandise
- Lunch on all days
- Any shopping or personal expense
- Tips to hotel/camp staff and driver
- Heaters in Room
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
Day 1 - Report at Delhi | Overnight Journey to Shimla
- Meet the Wandering Souls Team and other fellow travellers at Majnu ka Tilla by 7pm.
- Overnight Journey to Shimla in A/C Semi Sleeper Volvo
Day 2- Pickup from Shimla | Drive from Shimla to Kalpa.
- Have breakfast & Freshen up. We then head towards Kalpa.
- The drive takes us through the towns Kufri, Narkanda and Rampur. Reach Kalpa by evening.
- These villages are covered with thick pine forests and are famous for apricots and apples. If the sky is clear you can have the finest view of the Mt. Kinner Kailash Mountain (6000 metres) from here.
- Enjoy the evening with fellow travelers. Overnight stay at Kalpa.
Day 3 - Kalpa - Nako - Tabo
- Have your breakfast and start the drive to Tabo
- Midway, we’ll be making a stoppage at Khab(Confluence of Sutlej and Spiti river).
- Enroute we will visit Nako village. Nako Village is beautifully set in the background of Reo Purgyal peak which sits at and altitude of 6816 mts – the highest peak in Himachal Pradesh. Nako lake is a small lake which borders this village.
- Cross sumdo border to enter Spiti Valley
- Visit to Gue monastery which has a 550-year-old naturally preserved Mummy.
- Reach Tabo in the evening
- You can visit Tabo monastery which is the oldest monastery of Spiti
Day 4 - Tabo - Dhankar - Kaza
- Wake up early and drive to Dhankar
- Visit Dhankar monastery and reach Kaza
- Today we will visit Komic, Hikkim, Langza
- Langza is a picturesque village of spiti valley, it is famous for presence of marine fossils and a big Buddha Statue looking over the village
- Komic is the the Highest village(4587 mts) in the world connected by a motorable road and also home to the Komic Monastery
- Hikkim which is home to the highest post(4440 mts) office in the world. You can send postcards to your loved ones from here. Postcards can be bought from Kaza or from the Post office itself.
- In the evening we will visit the Kaza market and various cafes in Kaza.
Day 5 - Kaza - Chicham - Key - Kibber
- Kaza is the commercial centre of Spiti Valley and its largest town.
- It is also home to only Petrol pump in the area and it happens to be world's highest petrol pump – Retail outlet.
- Today we visit Key Monastery, Kibber village followed by Chicham Bridge (Asia’s Highest Suspension Bridge)
- In the evening stroll around explore local Spitian market
Day 6 - Kaza to Kalpa
- Drive back through all the places you have visited, reach Kalpa in the late evening
- Spend your rest of the time at leisure
- Overnight stay in Kalpa
Day 7 - Kalpa to Chitkul
- Post breakfast, visit the famous suicide point and drive to Chitkul
- En route take a pitstop at Sangla
- Reach Chitkul in the evening and soak in the beauty
- Spend your night under million stars
- Overnight stay in Rakcham
Day 8 - Chitkul to Shimla | Overnight Journey to Delhi
- Have your breakfast, get clicked at “HINDUSTAN KA AKHRI DHABA”
- Visit the Baspa River and leisure for some time
- Post that depart for Shimla
- Reach Shimla in the evening
- Overnight Journey to Delhi
Day 9 - Reach Delhi
- Reach Delhi Early Morning. You can explore Delhi on your own if you have time
- Say your goodbyes, this brings us to the end of an EPIC adventure and beginning of an era of travel stories with Wandering souls. Come back for more and more
- You can book return flight/trains leaving post 2pm.
Calendar & Prices
How will you contact me once I register?
Can I come alone?
Is it safe for a female solo traveller?
What are the stay like for Winter Spiti?
- Kalpa: Echor Apline/Similar – 2 Nights
- Tabo: Namsay Homestay/Similar – 1 Night
- Kaza: Norbhukhang Homestay/Similar – 2 Nights
- Chitkul/Rakcham: Folktales/Similar – 1 Night
What is the age group for Winter Spiti trip?
What type of food will I get in Spiti Trip?
- If cancellation done by participant prior to 45 days of the Event, 10% of the advance amount will be deducted
- If cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of the Event, 50% of the advance amount will be deducted
- If cancellation done by participant between 15 to 30 days of the Event, 100% of advance amount will be deducted
- If cancellation done by participant between 7 to 15 days of the Event, 50% of whole trip amount will be deducted
- If cancellation done by participant within 7 days of the Event, 100% of whole trip amount will be deducted