A revealing journey through one of the planet’s last thriving natural paradise, this trip provides a simple insight into distant lifestyles and cultures of the people. Drive through the dainty pretty towns and wave at the amazing people on your way through the beautiful natural landscapes. Let the gentle, friendly, courteous, industrious, good to nature and amazing people of Monpa, influence you and provide you an insight of the compassionate Lord Buddha. Free yourself and keep your worries at bay, as you are about to experience nature’s heaven, within the folds of Himalayas
- Airport Transfers
- All transport in a traveller or a Innova/similar
- Stay in comfortable, clean and hygienic Homestays
- 13 meals (Breakfast and Dinner) except breakfast on day 1 and dinner on day 7
- Visit to Bumla Pass
- Entrance fees to all monasteries, museums and other places listed in the itinerary
- Company of a fun & experienced Trip Lead
- Inner Line Permit
- All parking, tolls and driver allowances
- Wandering Souls Merchandise
- Post & Pre Trip Support
- Memories of a lifetime
- Train/ Airfare
- Breakfast on Day 1 & Dinner on Day 7
- Lunch on all Days
- Any shopping or personal expense
- Tips to hotel staff and driver
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
Day 1 - Drive from Guwahati Airport to Nameri (Around 5hrs drive)
- Play games, sing songs, enjoy the views
- Overnight stay at Nameri.
- Spend the evening getting to know each other
Day 2 - Nameri – Sangti (Around 5hrs drive)
- Post Breakfast Depart for Dirang.
- Visit the Nichiphula Waterfall and Bomdila Monastery .
- Sangti Valley
- Overnight stay at Sangti Valley
Day 3 - Sangti - Sela Pass - Tawang (Around 5hrs drive)
- After breakfast check out from the stay.
- We drive through one of the highest motor-able passes in the world – Sela Pass, at 13700 feet above sea level
- Spend time at nearby beautiful Sela “Paradise” lake
- Visit Jaswant Garh – a war memorial built in the name of an Indian soldier – Jaswant Singh Rawat, who single – handedly fought the Chinese soldiers near the Sela Pass during the Sino-Indian War 1962
- Check-in for overnight stay
Day 4 - Tawang local exploration
- After breakfast, depart to explore the town of Tawang.
- Visit Urgelling Monastery is considered the birthplace of the Dalai Lama VI. This 400-year old Gompa holds great significance among the Buddhist people.
- Visit to Tawang Monastery, Largest monastery in India & was built in 1681
- Visit Giant Buddha Statue & then Tawang War Memorial – l which is dedicated to the Indian soldiers who died in the 1962 war
- Evening is free for leisure.
Day 5 - Visit Bum La Pass near China border, Sangetsar & Penga Teng Tso Lake (around 4 hrs drive)
- Post breakfast, depart for an excursion for Bum la Pass. At 15200 feet above sea level, it is almost permanently under snow cover and can be visited depending on the day’s weather.
- On the way visit to Sangestar Lake which is also known as Madhuri Lake.
- Reach Bumla Pass, Border on India and China- It is a historic and extremely significant military post.
- We also explore to Penga Teng Tso lake.
Day 6 - Tawang to Dirang(around 5hrs drive)
- On the way stop by to catch a view of the mystic Jung Falls a.k.a. Nuranang falls
- If time permits visit Dirang Monastery
- Overnight stay at Dirang.
Day 7 - Dirang to Guwahati (around 9hrs drive)
- Have an Early Breakfast.
- if not done the rpevious day, visit famous Dirang Moanstery, which is known for its fantastic architecture and its rich history.
- Enjoy the scenic views & Drive back towards Guwahati.
- Check into Hotel. Enjoy your last evening of this trip- reminiscing the stories from last few days.
Day 8 - Say your Goodbyes With Amazing Trip Memories
- Post breakfast we leave for Airport.
- Depart with loads of beautiful memories.
Calendar & Prices
What is the age limit for Tawang Backpacking
How will you contact me once I register?
Can I come alone?
Is it safe for a female solo traveller?
What if I have a medical emergency?
What is the stay like for Tawang Backpacking?
- Tawang – Donrub Homestay/ Similar
- Dirang – Dirang Boutique Cottage/ Sandrup Khang/ Similar
- Nameri – White Winged Camp/ Similar
- Sangti Valley – Letro Riverside Camps/ Similar
- Guwahati – Kalyaniz/ Similar