Camping in the Hills – Prabalmachi & Kalavantin Trek
Prabalmachi is the base village to two of the most popular trekking destinations around Mumbai. It is an ideal place for camping with breathtaking views of the Panvel region and the majestic Kalavantin and Prabalgad.
Kalavantin Fort built at the peak of a rocky plateau is situated between Matheran and Panvel in the Western Ghats. The fort top commands an excellent view of the surroundings with Prabal in the front. Kalavantin Fort is an adjoining hill (pinnacle) to Prabalgad.
Our campsite, Prabalmachi village, is located at a height of 1500ft from sea level on the Prabal plateau, a part of Western Ghats.
- Panvel to Panvel Transport
- Evening tea and Dinner on Day 1
- Breakfast & Tea on Day 2
- Accommodation in Tents
- Entry Fees & Permit
- Expertise and Guide charges
- First Aid
- Washrooms & Changing rooms facilities
- Anything other than the above-mentioned things
- Any Personal Expenses
- 4:00 pm – Report at Panvel Station Ticket Counter , meet the team and leave for base village in our private vehicle
- 4:45 pm – Reach Thakurwadi
- 5:00 pm – Start trek towards Prabalmachi after a brief intro session
- 6:30 pm – Reach campsite at Prabalmachi, settle in your tents
- 7:30 pm – Prepare for a night under the sky, have delicious local cuisine for dinner, play a few games, share stories (especially ghost stories), make new friends and enjoy the campfire
- 11:30 pm – Off to the tents for a sound sleep (For those who are very sleepy :P). Day Ends
- 05:00 am – Wake up call, we leave for kalavantin early morning(those who want to)
- 07:00 am – Reach the peak, bask in the surrounding beauty and start the return journey
- 08:30 am – Reach Prabalmachi, freshen up, have breakfast and prepare to leave
- 10:00 am – Start descend towards Thakurwadi (After a mandatory group pic!!!)
- 11:00 am – Reach Thakurwadi, say your goodbyes with a promise to meet again, leave for Panvel Station in our private vehicle. This brings us to the end of our trip, Or rather just the beginning of your adventures with Wandering Souls
Calendar & Prices
Things to Carry
What is the reporting time and lication?
You need to reach Panvel Station by 4pm. Our team will meet you at Panvel Station.
How will you contact me once I register?
One day prior to event, we will send you an "event headsup" email with further details, instructions, event coordinator contact details, etc. Along with these, it will also consist of event specific Whatsapp group invite link. Kindly click on the link & join this group for further coordination. (Note: Keep an eye at your spam folder too)
What is the difficulty level of this trek?
The trek to Prabalmachi(Campsite) is around 1-1.5hrs of easy hike. The trek to Kalavantin Peak which is an option trek next day morning is of moderate difficulty
Will I be able to do this trek? I have not trekked before.
We encourage you to come and experience the trek with us. Trekking is not about speed and our representatives will be there to encourage you to complete the trek. That said, it is an adventure activity and basic stamina and fitness level is required to complete this trek
What is the age limit for this trek?
The age limit for the trek is 18 years with no upper limit. Participants below the age of 18yrs need to be accompanied by a guardian
Can I come alone?
Yes, many of our participants are solo travellers.
Is it safe for a female solo traveller?
It is completely safe for a female solo traveller as our representatives will be there with you all the time. Moreover, most of our event have 60% female participation.
Can I Bring my Car?
Yes, you can bring your car. Parking is available at the base at owners risk.
Are washrooms available during the trek/campsite?
You will not get washrooms during the trek. Basic washroom facility is available at the campsite
Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
Smoking or drinking alcohol is prohibited.
Would I get cellular connectivity?
You will get limited connectivity during the trek.
What type of food will I get?
We will be having Finner(Veg/Non-Veg/Jain) & breakfast (Veg/Jain) at a local restaurant.
Will I get water during the trek?
You won’t get water during the trek, you need to carry at least 2 litres of water with you
What if I have a medical emergency?
We will carry first aid kit with us. The coordinators will be first aid certified. If the problem increases, we will quickly get you to closest medical attention possible.
What kind of clothing we need to wear?
We recommend you wear full sleeve t-shirt and full pants for the trek. Carry comfortable clothes to wear while camping. Also carry a jacket/ wind cheater as it may be cold during the night/early morning. Carry slippers to where during camping.
Do I need special shoes?
We recommend trekking shoes or good quality sports shoes with firm sole.
- UPI - wsouls@ybl
- NEFT - A/C No.: 046110100000183 || IFSC: NKGS0000046 || A/c Name: Wandering Souls || Type: Current || Branch: NKGSB NERUL, NEW BOMBAY
- Online through payment gateway - Click Book Now (3.5% transaction charges)
- Cancellation charge of 15% would be deducted from the booking if cancelled 2 days before the event
- No refund would be granted if cancelled within 2 days of the event.
- No refund (Partial or otherwise) will be made if you voluntarily leave or drop out of a trip for any reason after the trip has begun. No refunds will be made for any accommodation, transportation, sightseeing, meals or services not utilized